Evictions are a HUGE cost to the landlord and to the community.
A hot topic in the Kansas City Market and other markets right now is the horrible effects of evictions due to a new book out called “Evicted: Poverty and Profit in the American City.” And while landlords are not out there renting to tenants with the express purpose of evicting them and ruining their lives, many times we are not doing our job of screening them properly up front.
To help our members make sure they are doing all they can up front to prevent evictions down the road, we have partnered with our National Vendor RentPerfect.com to make sure you have all the tools you need.
- Quality Screening Company to Screen Your Tenant
- FREE eBook: Steer Clear of Your Next Eviction
- Screening Training from David Pickron the owner of RentPerfect
So let’s start with the Quality Screening Company –
How does Rent Perfect Screening work?
1. Landlords send application invites to their rental applicant’s email address
2. The applicant completes an online application and pays the $35 fee
3. The applicant agrees to order their credit and background reports and share the results with the landlord.
4. The landlord views the credit and background results in their account.
$35 screening includes:
- Full Experian credit report with credit score
- Preliminary instant database criminal check
- Address history report
- Investigative criminal and eviction background report from a Rent Perfect private investigator
- Adverse Action letter
- Custom application questions
Discounted Sign Up
To screen tenants with RentPerfect, you need to register as a user and that involves a sign-up fee. This fee is usually $9.95 and we are offering this sign-up to our followers for $0.95 – to sign up at this discounted price click here
RentPerfect has taken the time to sit down and help new landlords figure out how to properly screen a tenant so that you reduce your chances of having to evict a tenant, costing you not only the lost rents, the eviction fees, and the turnover fees.
Visit their website at www.RentPerfect.com and request your copy today.
Last year we sat down with the owner of RentPerfect, David Pickron, who really is a Landlord and a Private Investigator who build RentPerfect and its services, originally for himself. David shared with us, steps he takes to pre-screen tenants before the ever go through the tenant screening with RentPerfect.
We recorded this video and you can click here to access it along with several bonus forms that David talks about in the video.
Once an applicant completes the screening landlords have the option to continue to prepare an online lease agreement, get set up to receive online rent payments, and tenants can purchase a discounted renters insurance policy through their tenant portal.
Digital Lease agreements
- Currently FREE! (normally $20)
- Use the Rent Perfect standard lease template or make changes and add sections of your own to create a custom lease template.
- Tenants view and sign online
Online rent payments
- Landlords can set up their rent pay account for FREE
- Processing fees can be paid by the tenants
- $4.95 processing fee for ACH/echeck
- 2.95% transaction fee for credit card payments
Tenant must complete the screening process in order to use the rent pay service.
Renters Insurance for tenants
- 100,000 or 200,000 liability policies starting under $5 per month
- Property insurance policies available for additional cost covering up to $75,000 of personal property.
- Landlords are listed as an interested party on the policy
Skip Tracing Tool
- Tool to track down a previous tenant who still owes a landlord money
- Name and social security number required from a previous rental application
- $5 per skip trace report for addresses report in the last year
If you have any questions, please reach out to Heather Johnson.
Director of Client Relations
480-305-1350 X 8085