National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) conducts a survey of International Buyers annually. A few of the key results include:
- Record sales volume and growth with a 13% Increase over last year of $104 Billion in sales.
- Out of all the international purchases, just five countries account for 51% of the purchases: Canada, China, Mexico, India, and the United Kingdom.
- China has the highest purchases by far in both sales and units with an estimated $28.6 billion in sales.
- The average international purchase price is $499,600 vs the average us purchase price of $255,600 and China’s average purchase price is $831,800
- International Sales are Cash 55% of the time, while use Sales are only 25%.
- Go Global! International Home Sales in US Reach $104 Billion – from ListHubNews.com
- 2015 Profile of International Home Buying Activity – from NAR