MAREI Main Monthly Meeting
The MAREI Main Monthly Meeting is held on the 2nd Tuesday at the Holiday Inn located at 8787 Reeder Road, Overland Park, KS. This is our big Kansas City Metro Meeting for the month, so don’t miss it.
Members and guests can arrive at 6pm and network with each other and the vendors. The meeting officially starts at 7:00 PM with announcements and the speaker goes on at 7:20 pm. Free parking is available for members and guests in the hotel parking lot. Be sure to bring a pen and paper to take lots of notes, plenty of business cards for networking and flyers for marketing your investment properties for sale.
But wait, there’s more! There will also be Late Nite Networking at the “meeting after the meeting” starting at at 9:00 PM at in the Green Mill at the Hotel. We hope you will come out and eat, drink, network, learn and have fun with us!
Join us Tuesday July 11th for MAREI’s 3rd Annual All Star Networking Event. This Event Features a room full of people who want to help you grow your real estate business while you help them grow their own business.
- Harvester’s: Join us at the door to learn more about the program’s Harvester’s has to help feed hungry kids this summer who have to do without when they don’t have access to school lunches. Donate $5 and get your Name Tag and a Raffle Ticket to win some of the awesome door prizes.
- Sponsors: Stop at each of the Sponsor Booths to see what how they can help you grow your business. These are specialists at what they do and their #1 customer is you, the real estate investor. Be sure to ask them for help and referrals.
- Expert Coaches: MAREI boast many experts in a wide range of subjects and this is the night they share their expertise. Check out the topics at each table and find one or several where you have questions.
- Door Prizes: We w ill be introducing all the vendors and drawing raffle tickets for the various door prizes that have been donated. be sure to ask the Sponsor’s about their door prizes and if you see one you really want, you can buy more raffle tickets at the check in table to increase your odds.
- Food & Drink: Be sure to grab hot dog or some cheesy chips for an All Star Dinner and stop by the cash bar for a great Adult Beverage or Soft Drink to wash it down.
All Proceeds Benefit Harvester’s
Bring $5 for your donation and $$ for the cash bar. This year Harvester’s will also have the ability to accept credit cards should you want to donate more in cash. MAREI would love to have your company partner with MAREI to help us raise more for Harvesters. Note for all donations made, we do have a dollar for dollar corporate match. So your $5 donation, provides 15 meals and with a corporate match, you provide 30 meals.
Please RSVP so we have a good estimate of attendance for the hotel.
Click to View Complete Details
Sponsors / Experts
And to Register
- MAREI October Meeting: Legally Hammer the IRS with John Hyre Tues, October 10th @6:00 PM – Holiday Inn, 8787 Reeder Road, Overland Park, KS
How to Legally & Ethically
Hammer the IRSwith Special Guest IRA Lawyer,
Accountant & Real Estate Investor John HyreMAREI Members & First Time Guests Can Attend at No Charge when Pre-Registered. Guests Pay $15 Online or $25 at the Door. Register Now!
You work hard for your money! RIGHT?
You have two choices of what to do with that money:
Do nothing and pay out as much as you possibly can in taxes.
Take steps to reduce or eliminate those taxes.
The choice is a little tough if you don’t know all your options. That’s why we have invited our good friend John Hyre to join us in October. John is a Tax Attorney, an Accountant and a Real Estate Investor with over 20 years experience.
Fair warning, John is a bit . . . ok a LOT… opinionated and we are pretty sure you will leave a lot wiser and fully aware of his opinions.
John is joining us on Tuesday, October 10th to share the many different ways you can use to stick it to the IRA and keep more of your hard earned dollars in your possession.
On the IRA & Tax Planning Front, learn
- How Self Directed Accounts like IRAs, Health Savings Accounts, Education IRAs and 401(k)s can help you build retirement and save on taxes using your Real Estate Knowledge
- You may have heard about “Checkbook” Control in IRAs and John will help you decide if you really want one given all the restrictions to keep from blowing up your IRA.
- Screening Your Deals so you don’t complete a fatal prohibited transaction, don’t loose it all from lack of knowledge.
- Find out what UnRelated Business Income Tax is when you have an IRA and determine if you want to pay it or do other types of transactions.
- Find out who your IRA can partner with or otherwise do business with and how it can do so, and who you should avoid.
On the Real Estate Front
- Find out how to plan so you maximize tax deductions.
- Which entity is best for you in real estate.
- How to turn ordinary income into capital gains.
- How to use Discounted Notes for maximum profits.
- How to use rentals for the best tax savings: depreciation.
- The whole “Dealer issues and when can you reduce social security taxes on flipping income.
- How creative or unusual transactions like Subject-To, Lease Options, Assignments, Tax Liens, Partial Notes, Participating Notes and Mobile Home Financing can save taxes.
And if you want to fight the IRS, John has some information you will want to know about:
- Your best defense in an Audit.
- Should you go to Tax Court.
- Should you appeal an IRS Audit
- Fighting IRS Collections
If you want to learn this stuff you can, go out and use the trial and error method. You could also go out and hire some of our very knowledgeable local attorneys, which would be money well spent. However to sit down with an Attorney who specializes in Self Directed Retirement Accounts, on top of Small Business and Asset Planning PLUS 20 years of Accounting and Tax Knowlege and you would be hard pressed to find someone who knows more.
- 6:00 PM: Networking and Vendor Hall
- 7:00 PM: Announcements
- 7:20 PM: Main Presentation with the John
- 8:45 PM: Q & A
- 9:00 PM: Final Networking
- 9:15 PM: Meeting after the meeting in the Green Mill (grill closes at 10 pm, so order food early)