MAREI Main Monthly Meeting
The MAREI Main Monthly Meeting is held on the 2nd Tuesday at the Holiday Inn located at 8787 Reeder Road, Overland Park, KS. This is our big Kansas City Metro Meeting for the month, so don’t miss it.
Members and guests can arrive at 6pm and network with each other and the vendors. The meeting officially starts at 7:00 PM with announcements and the speaker goes on at 7:20 pm. Free parking is available for members and guests in the hotel parking lot. Be sure to bring a pen and paper to take lots of notes, plenty of business cards for networking and flyers for marketing your investment properties for sale.
But wait, there’s more! There will also be Late Nite Networking at the “meeting after the meeting” starting at at 9:00 PM at in the Green Mill at the Hotel. We hope you will come out and eat, drink, network, learn and have fun with us!
Join us Tuesday July 11th for MAREI’s 3rd Annual All Star Networking Event. This Event Features a room full of people who want to help you grow your real estate business while you help them grow their own business.
- Harvester’s: Join us at the door to learn more about the program’s Harvester’s has to help feed hungry kids this summer who have to do without when they don’t have access to school lunches. Donate $5 and get your Name Tag and a Raffle Ticket to win some of the awesome door prizes.
- Sponsors: Stop at each of the Sponsor Booths to see what how they can help you grow your business. These are specialists at what they do and their #1 customer is you, the real estate investor. Be sure to ask them for help and referrals.
- Expert Coaches: MAREI boast many experts in a wide range of subjects and this is the night they share their expertise. Check out the topics at each table and find one or several where you have questions.
- Door Prizes: We w ill be introducing all the vendors and drawing raffle tickets for the various door prizes that have been donated. be sure to ask the Sponsor’s about their door prizes and if you see one you really want, you can buy more raffle tickets at the check in table to increase your odds.
- Food & Drink: Be sure to grab hot dog or some cheesy chips for an All Star Dinner and stop by the cash bar for a great Adult Beverage or Soft Drink to wash it down.
All Proceeds Benefit Harvester’s
Bring $5 for your donation and $$ for the cash bar. This year Harvester’s will also have the ability to accept credit cards should you want to donate more in cash. MAREI would love to have your company partner with MAREI to help us raise more for Harvesters. Note for all donations made, we do have a dollar for dollar corporate match. So your $5 donation, provides 15 meals and with a corporate match, you provide 30 meals.
Please RSVP so we have a good estimate of attendance for the hotel.
Click to View Complete Details
Sponsors / Experts
And to Register
- MAREI Meeting: Common Title Issues with Alpha & Accurate Tuesday August 8th @6pm Tues, August 8th @6:00 PM – Holiday Inn, 8787 Reeder Road, Overland Park, KS
Common Title IssuesWith the Teams from Alpha andAccurate TitleMAREI Members & First Time Guests Can Attend at No Charge when Pre-Registered. Guests Pay $15 Online or $25 at the Door. Register Now!
Join us at the August MAREI meeting on Tuesday the 8th at 6pm at the Holiday Inn and Suites located at 8787 Reeder Road with the Teams from Accurate Title and Alpha Title, as they show you how to have a successful transaction at closing. It’s not always as simple as shipping your contract to the title company and showing up few days or weeks later to close. There is a lot going on behind the scenes that the investor needs to know and understand so they can assist in a smooth transaction.
Join us to find out
- Why we actually need a title policy when we buy property
- The basic steps to closing an investor purchase in Kansas & Missouri
- When you need a Notice of Intent to Sell in Missouri
- The documentation you will need when buying or selling in a Corporate Entity.
And the Common Issues that come up including
- What happens when the seller is incompetant or incapacitated and can’t sign for themselves.
- What happens when the seller is deceased, who can sell the house and when.
- How to deal with County Tax Liens and other Liens placed on the property by the county.
- How to deal with a State or Federal Tax Lien placed on the property by the taxing authority.
- What to watch for when buying a property at a foreclosure auction, so you can resell it.
- And last, when you buy a property at a tax sale, what you need to do to have a clean and marketable title.
Because we are talking about isues that come up at closing, we have bit of homework for you if you don’t quite know how a closing transaction works. If you have never purchased or sold a home, or have not completed enough transactions to be comfortable with a standard, no issue closing, Dave Green with Accurate Title worked with MAREI to record a webinar that covers the basic transaction from the signing of the contract to the closing of the sale You can access this webinar by clicking here.
And because MAREI members are out there marketing for motivated sellers that have all kinds of issues personally that can affect the closing or in the title of their property that can affect their home, we are working on an all day workshop for those that want to dig deeper into problems. Workshop to be on Saturday August 19th.
See more events on the MAREI Calendar of Events
- 5:30PM: PreMeeting for Member’s Only – topic to be determined
- 6:00PM: Networking and Vendor Hall
- 7:00PM: Announcements
- 7:20PM: Main Presentation with Alpha and Accurate Title
- 8:45PM: Q & A
- 9:00PM: Final Networking & Sign up for Workshop on the 19th
- 9:15PM: Meeting after the meeting in the Green Mill (grill closes at 10pm, so order food early)