So I am not a huge reader of real estate books. . . . . I try, I really do, but the seem to put me right to sleep. Give me a good action thriller or sci fi novel anyday. But I do browse through and skim and now that we can read books on our cell phones while stuck on an airplane I read more and because we can get them digitally and listen to them on the car on long trips I read more.
I was browsing online and came across a couple of lists from MAREI Member Andrew Syrios on Bigger Pockets and he has a couple of good lists I want to share with you. . . . do you have a book you recommend?
I want to start making the time to read or listen to more books on my industry and would love to find out what you recommend, please comment at the bottom.
Please read Andrew’s articles to get his insight into the books at the following links.
- The Millionaire Real Estate Investor – Gary Keller
- The Landlord’s Survival Guide – Jeffrey Taylor
- Flip – Rick Villani and Clay Davis
- The Art of the Deal – Donald Trump
- How to Buy Real Estate for At Least 20% Below Market – John T. Reed
- The Pre-Foreclosure Property Investor’s Kit – Thomas Lucier
- Multi-Family Millions – Dave Lindahl
- Investing in Real Estate with Lease Options and “Subject-To” Deals – Wendy Patton
- Confessions of a Real Estate Entrepreneur – James A. Randel
- How I Turned $1000 into Five Million in Real Estate in My Spare Time – William Nickerson
- Getting Things Done – David Allen
- The Intelligent Investor – Benjamin Graham
- Getting to Yes – Roger Fisher, William L. Ury and Bruce Patton
- Feel the Fear… and Do It Anyways – Susan Jeffers
- Willpower – Roy Baumeister and John Tierney
- The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People – Stephen Covey
- The Power of Habit – Charles Duhigg
- Think and Grow Rich – Napoleon Hill
- How to Win Friends and Influence People – Dale Carnegie
- Good to Great – Jim Collins
Which books are on your list, we would love to hear.