- MAREI Workshop: Real World Transactions – Saturday August 19th Saturday, August 19th @9:00 AM – Johnson County Community College
Real World TransactionsSolving Problems to Make a ProfitOnly 8 Seats LeftRegister Now!
Regular Price $79 for Members and $109 for Non-MembersJohnson County Community College, Carlsen Center, Room 234
8:30 Check In : 9:00 Start : Must be Pre-Registered to ensure your lunch is included
If you show up at the door, we will work to make sure you can join us and find you a seat.
Have you ever heard that in real estate you make your money when you buy the property?
As real estate investors, we focus on buying the property with the largest problems. We can focus on homes that need a lot of repairs, and we will cover those issues in a workshop on rehabbing. We can also focus on properties that have highly motivated sellers because they have a problem to solve.
Sometimes we might buy a property that just comes with problems, like a tax sale or foreclosure property and other times we might target our marketing to sellers with specific problems. Knowing how to deal with these problems helps us help our sellers, put together killer deals and turn a profit.
Come learn how Real World Real Estate Investment Transactions Work.
- Do you have a Closing Checklist to Manage Your Transaction?
- Dealing with out of State and Out of Country Sellers.
- Assignments and Double Closings without Upsetting the Seller
- Taking over the Sellers Mortgage and Getting Paid To Do It
- When Your Seller Dictates What you Can Do with the Property: No Assignments, No Profits, and No Lease Options
- Buying & Selling Using Seller Financing
- Buying from a Deceased Owner
- Cleaning Up Liens and Judgements
- Common Closing Issues, that kill your Profits
Local Experts teaching this workshop today include 17 year Veteran Real Estate Investor and founder of MAREI, Kim Tucker. Joining Kim include Mary Kellog from Alpha Title to help us solve some of the more common issues our distressed sellers may have and Attorney Julie Anderson to help us understand how Probate and Quiet Title work so we can help our distressed sellers and acquire more deals.
If you are investing in the most profitable deals, one of these issues is likely to come up sooner rather than later and quite possibly several of them on one transaction. Knowing how to deal with these issues gives you the ability to help your sellers and your buyers through a transaction putting the big bucks in your pocket.
Everyone who pre-registers should receive an email with access to our Contract to Close Webinar plus access to forms and contracts that Kim uses in her own business.And I have a few bonuses for everyone who attends.
- A Copy of the Notice of Intent to Sell Form you should file when ever you buy a house to rehab and resell in Missouri.
- My Property Evaluation Worksheet, plus several others, mostly in a Word document for so you can personalize them for your own use.
- Property Closing Checklist to help walk you through the process
- Authorization to Release Information a much-needed form should you take over a property subject to.
- Our master buy contract and master sell contract that are written to favor me as the buyer or as the seller.
- Our Assignment Contract.
- KCMO City Council Meeting on Interior Inspections Wednesday, August 16th @12:00 PM – KCMO City Hall
Kansas City Rental Licensing & InspectionsA City Council MeetingInvestors & Voters in Kansas City Encouraged to Attend
Calling for submission to the voters of Kansas City, at a special election to be held Tuesday, November 7, 2017, a question authorizing the City to establish fees for residential rental housing inspections and permits; amending Chapter 34, Code of Ordinances, by enacting a new Article XVIII, Healthy Rental Homes, consisting of Sections 34-730 through 34-768, establishing a new system of residential rental property permitting, inspections and penalties for the primary purpose of protecting the public health and safety; authorizing and directing the City Clerk to notify the responsible election authorities of this election; and recognizing this ordinance as having an accelerated effective date.If you own in Kansas City and more importantly if you live and vote in Kansas City, you do need to attend this meeting.Council Chambers26th Floor
414 E 12th Street
Kansas City Missouri
Wednesday, August 16th
- MAREI Meeting: Shark Tank Real Estate Style Tues, September 12th @6:00 PM – Holiday Inn, 8787 Reeder Road, Overland Park, KS
SHARK TANKNow Accepting Potential Deals
to be presented to the SharksMAREI Members & First Time Guests Can Attend at No Charge when Pre-Registered. Guests Pay $15 Online or $25 at the Door. Register Now!Join us at the September MAREI meeting on Tuesday the 12th at 6 pm at the Holiday Inn and Suites located at 8787 Reeder Road for MAREI’s Real Estate Version of Shark Tank!
Have you ever wanted to pitch a deal that you’ve got to ready and able cash buyers? How about several of them? You know, we’ve all done an email blast and Craig’s List ads. That’s great. But, this is so much better.
You’ve heard of the TV show called Shark Tank. Right? Well, here’s the deal. At our September Meeting, we’re going to have a panel of about five different Sharks who may want to buy your deal, fund your deal, bring expertise to your deal or partner with you in some way. And if the Sharks just don’t get the deal, you may find that one of the 100 or so Sharks in the Audience might want to do that deal.
It’s just like Shark Tank.
We are looking for a variety of investments. So if you are looking at any one of the following, we would love to consider your investment:
- Wholesale Flip
- Rehab Flip
- Buy and Hold
- Package Deal
- Note Investment
- Apartment Property
- Strip Mall
- Office Building
- Residential Assisted Living Facility
- Development Project
- Tiny Home Community
- Vacation Rental
You will have about 5 minutes to pitch your deal and the sharks will have about 10 minutes to ask you questions. To facilitate time, we do want to review all deals in advance.
Meet Our Sharks
- 6:00 PM: Networking and Vendor Hall
- 7:00 PM: Announcements
- 7:20 PM: Main Presentation with the SHARKS!
- 8:45 PM: Q & A
- 9:00 PM: Final Networking
- 9:15 PM: Meeting after the meeting in the Green Mill (grill closes at 10 pm, so order food early)
See more events on the MAREI Calendar of Events