- John Hyre – Entity Selection, Asset Protection, & Self Directing Preview Videos On Demand Webinar
John Hyre Preview
Asset Protection, Entity Selection, Self Direction
and Protecting your Assets & Income from the IRS
- MAREI October Meeting: Legally Hammer the IRS with John Hyre Tues, October 10th @6:00 PM – Holiday Inn, 8787 Reeder Road, Overland Park, KS
How to Legally & Ethically
Hammer the IRSwith Special Guest IRA Lawyer,
Accountant & Real Estate Investor John HyreMAREI Members & First Time Guests Can Attend at No Charge when Pre-Registered. Guests Pay $15 Online or $25 at the Door. Register Now!
You work hard for your money! RIGHT?
You have two choices of what to do with that money:
Do nothing and pay out as much as you possibly can in taxes.
Take steps to reduce or eliminate those taxes.
The choice is a little tough if you don’t know all your options. That’s why we have invited our good friend John Hyre to join us in October. John is a Tax Attorney, an Accountant and a Real Estate Investor with over 20 years experience.
Fair warning, John is a bit . . . ok a LOT… opinionated and we are pretty sure you will leave a lot wiser and fully aware of his opinions.
John is joining us on Tuesday, October 10th to share the many different ways you can use to stick it to the IRA and keep more of your hard earned dollars in your possession.
On the IRA & Tax Planning Front, learn
- How Self Directed Accounts like IRAs, Health Savings Accounts, Education IRAs and 401(k)s can help you build retirement and save on taxes using your Real Estate Knowledge
- You may have heard about “Checkbook” Control in IRAs and John will help you decide if you really want one given all the restrictions to keep from blowing up your IRA.
- Screening Your Deals so you don’t complete a fatal prohibited transaction, don’t loose it all from lack of knowledge.
- Find out what UnRelated Business Income Tax is when you have an IRA and determine if you want to pay it or do other types of transactions.
- Find out who your IRA can partner with or otherwise do business with and how it can do so, and who you should avoid.
On the Real Estate Front
- Find out how to plan so you maximize tax deductions.
- Which entity is best for you in real estate.
- How to turn ordinary income into capital gains.
- How to use Discounted Notes for maximum profits.
- How to use rentals for the best tax savings: depreciation.
- The whole “Dealer issues and when can you reduce social security taxes on flipping income.
- How creative or unusual transactions like Subject-To, Lease Options, Assignments, Tax Liens, Partial Notes, Participating Notes and Mobile Home Financing can save taxes.
And if you want to fight the IRS, John has some information you will want to know about:
- Your best defense in an Audit.
- Should you go to Tax Court.
- Should you appeal an IRS Audit
- Fighting IRS Collections
If you want to learn this stuff you can, go out and use the trial and error method. You could also go out and hire some of our very knowledgeable local attorneys, which would be money well spent. However to sit down with an Attorney who specializes in Self Directed Retirement Accounts, on top of Small Business and Asset Planning PLUS 20 years of Accounting and Tax Knowlege and you would be hard pressed to find someone who knows more.
- 6:00 PM: Networking and Vendor Hall
- 7:00 PM: Announcements
- 7:20 PM: Main Presentation with the John
- 8:45 PM: Q & A
- 9:00 PM: Final Networking
- 9:15 PM: Meeting after the meeting in the Green Mill (grill closes at 10 pm, so order food early)
- MAREI Workshop: Plan, Protect & Manage Your Real Estate Business & Keep the IRS Out of Your Business with John Hyre Tues, October 21st @9:00 AM – Johnson County Community College
Protect Your Assets
Tax Attorney & Investor John HyreQuickBooks for Real Estate Investors, Plan for Tax Deductions & Don’t Blow Up your Self-Directed Accounts
This fullday workshop has limited seating and special early bird pricing through October 16th
A FULL DAY CLASS to learn how to ETHICALLY AND LEGALLY hammer the IRS and PROTECT YOUR ASSETS.
Keeping Good Records
John will put his QuickBooks program up on the screen LIVE and walk you through the set up of a real estate company, step-by-step.
Then he will take you through simple accounting so you keep your records correctly:
- Funding the Company
- Getting Property Purchase and Sales “on the Books”
- Producing an Income Statement for Each Property
- Producing a Balance Sheet for Each Property
- How to record everyday transactions – like writing a check, recording a credit card purchase, or making a deposit.
If you are not keeping excellent records, you are subject to automatic IRS penalties, overpaying the return preparer and you can’t plan to minimize your taxes and you can forget about your entity providing any asset protection.
Using Self Directed IRA & 401(k)s
- How one landlord got 50+ free & clear rentals in his Self Directed Roth IRA.
- How to grow a Roth with preferred dividends.
- How to invest your Roth in flips and not pay UBIT.
- John’s favorite type of retirement account and why!
- The 2 top “Prohibited Transactions” that destroy Real Estate Investors’ Self Directed IRAs
- Medical Tourism . . . Tax-free.
- Primary, secondary and university education and home computing needs . . . again tax-free.
Tax Deduction Best Practices
- When being classed as a “real estate professional” matters to you and how to qualify.
- The best ways to deduct meals, entertainment, and vacation-like trips.
- Accelerating Depreciation – HUGE for Landlords.
- Changes in IRS “substance over form” attacks.
- Why the “Dealer” issue is overdone.
- Reimbursing yourself from your business – the one thing most of you are missing.
- Converting personal use property, like college textbooks to business use.
- Filling your home with tax-deductible furniture.
- Renting your home to your business – tax-free.
- Have a pressing tax question, send them into MAREI in advance and John will do his best to answer them.
This class will be held at Johnson County Community College, we will be posting room information once we have a room assigned. Lunch will be included. Regular Price is $79 for MAREI Member and $99 for non-members. Add a family member or business partner for $20. Early Registration price through October 16th is $59 for MAREI Members and $79 for Non-Member.
John will also be bringing his 3 courses with him:
See more events on the MAREI Calendar of Events